at the hottest start-up
Work for the coolest start-up
Every role matters because anything and everything our employees work on affects the daily lives of people around the world.
At Uber, the best idea always wins. We empower our teams to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
Our heart is in our work, and we’re working tirelessly to make a difference in the way that people get from point A to point B.
Enterprise Software Developer for Uber
Uber is the most in-demand employer in the technology world today – and literally the fastest growing startup in history! We’re helping Uber build products that totally disrupt the way people and logistics move, in cites around the world. At our core are brilliant people working in a culture of awesomeness, together developing code that is literally shaping and changing our world.
If excellence, critical thinking, disruption, and a sense of cool are in your DNA, join us for one of two huge projects we’re developing for Uber. You’ll be working with the Uber San Francisco teams, interacting and building the ‘next big thing’.
- Understand Uber’s mission and strategy.
- Have a high quality personal bar and don’t settle with less.
- Be open-minded, pro-active and restless for solving problems.
- Be open to technology choice and be ready to learn new things.
As a team member you will be directly responsible for contributing to the success of Uber, and your goals will be to solve real problems, surmount challenges, and improve system quality!
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Very strong experience in at least one language: (i.e. Java, C++, C# or Python). We code in Python, so you must be willing to learn it if you don’t know it already (which isn’t a problem).
- Front-end experience will be considered a plus.
- Experience in highly scalable web-based solutions will be considered a plus.
- Experience in working with at least one relational database is definitely bonus.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ‘Can-Do’ attitude is a must.
English – good reading/writing and speaking. You have to talk with the S.F. based developers!
We’re serious about you being part of Uber’s success, so for the first time we’re offering a unique remuneration package… Including Uber options! (Did we mention Uber is currently valued at $18.2B?). We also know that money isn’t everything, which is why we also have a challenging and professional atmosphere, and a work-hard/play-hard (fun) workplace – because life’s too short for anything less!
Join us in: disrupting the world, bringing Uber to the next level of impact, and in feeling damn good.
- Send your detailed CV and a short note in English.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.